Strikes are a PvE activity constructed for a fireteam of one to three players. Strikes are similar to missions in that they feature a series of objectives culminating in a battle against an Ultra, or boss. There are currently 8 available Strikes, each with its own objectives, enemies, and rewards.
Selecting a Strike Playlist from the Director will usually load the player into a Strike chosen at random - if there are vacant spots in the player's fireteam and the playlist is supported by matchmaking services, the matchmaking system will search for additional players before launching the activity. The rewards that the player receives vary depending on which Strike was selected as well as the Strike Playlist in which the player is participating. However, there are several global rewards that apply to all Strikes.
Three different types of Strike playlists exist:
- Vanguard Strikes: Available immediately after talking to Zavala once the Vanguard is reunited, this playlist contains all available standard Strikes from the base game. A Power Level of 140 or higher is recommended, and the playlist is supported by matchmaking services.
- Heroic Strikes: Available to those which own the Curse of Osiris expansion, this playlist contains all available standard Strikes, both from the base game and from the Curse of Osiris expansion. A Power level of 270 or higher is recommended, and the playlist is supported by matchmaking services.
- Nightfall Strikes: Available upon reaching 260 Power and talking to Zavala, this playlist contains a single Nightfall Strike, a more difficult version of a base game Strike which has two Modifiers and a mission timer in effect (the Strike and Modifiers change every weekly reset). 270 Power or higher is recommended for the Normal version, and 330 Power or higher is recommended for the Prestige version (requires Curse of Osiris expansion). Regardless of which version is played, the Nightfall Strikes playlist is not supported by matchmaking services, so players should assemble their fireteam before starting this playlist.
A Guided Game playlist is available for the Normal version of Nightfall Strikes (which is supported by Guided Game matchmaking services), but not for other types of Strikes.
|Exodus Crash||Nessus||Base Game|
|Lake of Shadows||EDZ||Base Game|
|Savathûn's Song||Titan||Base Game|
|The Arms Dealer||EDZ||Base Game|
|The Inverted Spire||Nessus||Base Game|
|The Pyramidion||Io||Base Game|
|A Garden World||Mercury||Curse of Osiris|
|Tree of Probabilities||Mercury||Curse of Osiris|
|Will of the Thousands||Mars||Warmind|
|The Insight Termius||Nessus||Warmind|
|Warden of Nothing||Prison of Elders||Forsaken|
|Broodhold||Tangled Shore||Forsaken (PS4 Exclusive)|
|The Hollowed Lair||Tangled Shore||Forsaken|
|The Corrupted||The Dreaming City||Forsaken|
- Luminous Vanguard Tactician Engram
- Received from Commander Zavala upon completion of three Heroic Strikes.
For each player in the fireteam that uses a Boon of the Vanguard during any Strike, all fireteam members will receive one of the following items upon Strike completion: