|Description||The name says it all.|
- 1 Location
- 2 Vendor Tooltip
- 3 Weekly Challenges
- 4 Gambit Rank
- 5 Rank Rewards
- 6 Focused Decoding
- 7 Legacy Gear
- 8 Quests
- 9 Bounties
- 10 Patch History
- 11 References
This tooltip appears when hovering over the icon in the upper-left corner of the vendor screen:
|Shady Schemes||Complete bounties from this vendor to earn powerful rewards.||
"I don't care if you win or lose. I just want you to get paid. Heh." —The Drifter
Complete Gambit matches to gain Gambit Rank points. Complete them back-to-back to increase your activity streak. Earn more points with higher streaks.
Starting a different ritual activity may reduce your streak.
Players can increase their rank with the Drifter (sometimes referred to as Infamy) by completing Gambit matches. Completing matches will also increase the player's Gambit activity streak, granting increased reputation rewards with each match, up to a maximum streak of 5. The player's current streak can be seen by hovering over the reputation icon on the Gambit screen in the Director. Completing Vanguard, Crucible, or Dares of Eternity activities will reduce the player's Gambit streak while adding to those activities' streaks. Players can only have a total of 5 streak progress across all four activity types, rebalancing depending on the activities completed.
Some weeks will feature a modifier that increases the amount of Gambit Rank points gained. When this is active, an "Increased Gambit Rank" modifier will be visible when launching Gambit. This modifier will be active until the next Tuesday reset. Bonus Gambit Rank weeks are usually announced the weekend before through a "Next Week in Destiny" alert in-game.
Rank can be reset to 1 after rank 16 is completed. Resetting rank once will give a chance for weapons obtained from Gambit match completions, Gambit Engram decryptions, and Focused Decoding to drop with additional Traits in the third and fourth perk columns. The chance and number of additional perks increase with each reset, up to 4 resets.
|Rank Number||Rank Name||Total Points Needed||Points Until Next Rank|
Rewards can be obtained when certain ranks are reached. Rank will be automatically reset to 1 at the beginning of the next season, and any unclaimed rewards will be lost.
|No Resets||1 Reset||2+ Resets|
|Every Rank||Gambit Engram|
|Every Major Rank||Powerful Gear||N/A|
|Rank 4||3 Enhancement Cores||3 Upgrade Modules|
|Rank 7||Neon Jungle (Shader)||3 Enhancement Cores|
|Rank 10||2 Enhancement Prisms||3 Enhancement Cores|
|Rank 13||Gun and Run (Ghost Projection)||2 Enhancement Prisms|
|Rank 16||Last Rite (Scout Rifle)||Outcast Rubric (Last Rite Weapon Ornament)||2 Enhancement Prisms|
|Reset Rank (Rank 16 Completed)||Ascendant Shard||Exotic Engram|
- See also: The Drifter/Past Seasons
Gambit Engrams, earned by increasing one's rank with the Drifter, can be focused into specific weapons and armor items with random rolls. Alternatively, they can be decrypted from the vendor screen to reward random drops from the current Gambit loot pool. To focus an engram into a specific item, the item must first be unlocked in Collections.
Each item costs 1 Gambit Engram, 25, and 5,000.
Decoded weapons will have one trait in the third and fourth perk columns. Resetting rank once with the Drifter will give a chance for these weapons to decode or drop with additional traits in these columns. More resets will increase this chance, as well as the number of additional perks, up to 4 resets.
- Albruna-D (Sniper Rifle)
- Borrowed Time (Submachine Gun)
- Bottom Dollar (Hand Cannon)
- Crowd Pleaser (Grenade Launcher)
- Dead Weight (Shotgun)
- Herod-C (Auto Rifle)
- Servant Leader (Scout Rifle)
- Trinary System (Fusion Rifle)
- Trust (Hand Cannon)
- Yesteryear (Pulse Rifle)
Gambit Engrams can also be focused into older armor sets that are no longer in rotation. These items can be focused without having acquired them in Collections. However, items will cost more to focus if they have not been previously obtained.
If not in Collections, a legacy armor item costs 3 Gambit Engrams, 50, and 10,000.
If in Collections, a legacy armor item costs 1 Gambit Engram, 25, and 5,000.
Legacy Armor I
Legacy Armor II
- The Draw
- Gambit, in Its Prime
- By Your Bootstraps
- The Investigation (Quest)
- Honor Among Thieves
- Edge of Darkness
- Clean Getaway
- Season 8: Keepin' On
- Get Closer
- Green With Envy
- Free Advertising
- In the Face of Darkness
- Vanity in Dark Times
- Snakeskin Wrap
- Gambit Salvager
- Primeval Patina
The Drifter sells 4 randomly chosen Gambit bounties daily for 250 each. They each reward XP+.
- All Right, All Right, All Right
- Big-Game Hunter
- Black Hole Byproduct
- Blind Spot
- Don't Mind If You Do
- Elite Executioner
- Envoy While It Lasts
- Evanescent Emptiness
- Final Ploy
- Fish in a Barrel
- Fistful of Motes
- Hanging by a Thread
- High Voltage
- Lest It Stare Back
- Like Kindling
- Line 'Em Up
- Not Your Mama's Combat Drill
- Pins and Needles
- Sun Charred
- Sweltering Heat
- Torn to Shreds
The Drifter offers repeatable Gambit bounties for 3000 each. They each reward XP and 10 Bright Dust.
- Arc Gamble
- Auto Rifle Gamble
- Blocker Elimination Gamble
- Blocker Gamble
- Bow Gamble
- Grenade Gamble
- Guardian Gamble
- Hand Cannon Gamble
- Invader Elimination Gamble
- Melee Gamble
- Mote Gamble
- Pulse Rifle Gamble
- Scout Rifle Gamble
- Sidearm Gamble
- SMG Gamble
- Solar Gamble
- Stasis Gamble
- Strand Gamble
- Super Gamble
- Void Gamble
- Ritual vendors in the Tower (Zavala, Shaxx, Drifter, Banshee-44, Saladin, Saint-14) now have help tooltips describing the core ritual and reputation, as well as explaining some of the less visible features.
- Some items that were previously sold by the Drifter or dropped from the Primeval Servitor boss in Gambit now have a small chance of dropping upon completion of a Gambit match.
- The Drifter now offers weapon and armor focusing.
- New Gambit engrams can be spent on focused equipment from the Drifter, or be decrypted by Master Rahool.
- "Destiny 2 Update 4.1.0" Bungie, posted by Bungie, 24 May 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51380. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 6.2.0" Bungie, posted by BrunoLouviers, 23 Aug. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51707. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Dev Team, 27 Feb. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/update_7_0_0_1. wikipage
- "Economy Updates And More Coming In Lightfall" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Dev Team, 25 Jan. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-20-legacy-focusing. Accessed 28 Apr. 2023.
- "Destiny 2 Hotfix 18.104.22.168" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Dev Team, 18 Jan. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/hotfix_6_3_0_4. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 22 Feb. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51110. wikipage