Quick on their feet and quicker on the draw, Hunters blaze their own trails and write their own laws.
Hunters are the most agile of Destiny's class triad, sacrificing resilience and recovery for the ability to move quickly.
Much like its Titan and Warlock brethren, the Hunter class is divided into three subclasses at present; each specialization offers unique abilities and alters the manner in which hunters can use their jump, grenades, or dodge. Shared among all subclasses is the Dodge class ability; this technique is further divided into Gambler's Dodge and Marksman's Dodge, allowing players to either recharge melee abilities or reload weapons while skillfully evading incoming attacks.
- Gunslinger is the first available subclass for New Light players.
- Arcstrider has to be unlocked by completing the Riding the Storm quest.
- Nightstalker has to be unlocked by completing the Gazing Into The Abyss quest.
- Revenant has to be unlocked by completing the Beyond Light campaign.
Prior to Shadowkeep, where all subclasses were always available, Hunter subclasses had to be unlocked in a different way:
- Arcstrider was automatically unlocked during the Red War story mission Spark.
- Gunslinger was unlocked at level 8+ by obtaining the Melted Hand Cannon Class Relic and charging it by completing various activities.
- Nightstalker was unlocked at level 15+ by obtaining the Fractured Arrow Class Relic and charging it by completing various activities.