Class is a character type, which is chosen during the character's creation and determines which abilities they can use. It cannot be changed. There are three classes in Destiny 2, each is further divided into subclasses which can be switched at any time. A character's class does not limit them to a certain role, every class in Destiny 2 can deal damage or support allies.
Disciplined and proud, Titans are capable of both aggressive assaults and stalwart defenses.
Titans are the most durable of Destiny 2's class triad, sacrificing agility and recovery for the ability to withstand a tremendous amount of punishment.
- Movement Mode: Lift. Jumping while airborne launches the Titan into the air.
- Class Ability: Barricade. Deploys temporary cover on the battlefield.
- Class Stat: Resilience. Increases the amount of damage taken before dying. Reduces the cooldown of Barricade.
- Class Armor: Titan Mark.
Warlocks weaponize the mysteries of the universe to sustain themselves and devastate their foes.
- Movement Mode: Glide. Jumping while airborne starts an airborne drift.
- Class Ability: Rift. Buffs allies with increased health regeneration or damage output.
- Class Stat: Recovery. Increases the speed at which lost health is regained. Reduces the cooldown of Rift.
- Class Armor: Warlock Bond.
Quick on their feet and quicker on the draw, Hunters blaze their own trails and write their own laws.
Hunters are the most agile of Destiny 2's class triad, sacrificing resilience and recovery for the ability to move around the battlefield with effortless grace.
- Movement Mode: Jump. Hunters can jump while airborne.
- Class Ability: Dodge. Evades incoming attacks while recharging the Melee Ability or reloading a weapon.
- Class Stat: Mobility. Increases movement speed and maximum jump height. Reduces the cooldown of Dodge.
- Class Armor: Hunter Cloak.