You'd think the problem with showing up empty-handed to a gunfight would be the bullets. And yes, turning a gunfight into a fistfight is an awful lot of work, tactically speaking, but really I just don't have the patience for all the hiding, and all the fumbling for batteries or flechettes or whatever when it's time to reload, which seems to happen the moment I start to enjoy myself.
Hiding and reloading. Hiding and reloading. Sounds amazing; you all have fun. My fists don't need reloading.
Back to the problem. The problem with fists is hygiene. Paint your armor fist to shoulder in alien ichor, toxic robotic lubricant, and ashes. Now take a good look at yourself. That's the only reason I envy the hiders and the reloaders. They get to stay clean.
- Fists of Havoc — Supercharge your fists and slam the ground with the force of a maelstrom.
- High Lift — Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air at greater heights.
- Strafe Lift — Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with strong directional control.
- Catapult Lift — Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong initial burst of momentum.
- Flashbang Grenade — An explosive grenade that disorients enemies it damages.
- Pulse Grenade — A grenade that periodically damages enemies inside its explosion radius.
- Lightning Grenade — A grenade that sticks to any surface and emits bolts of lightning.
- Towering Barricade — Create a large barrier that can be used to reinforce a position with cover from enemy fire.
- Rally Barricade — Create a small barrier that you can peek over while aiming down sights and that increases reload speed for your equipped weapon when you stand behind it.
Subclass Ability Trees
- Seismic Strike — After sprinting, for a short time, use this melee ability to slam shoulder-first into your target and release an Arc explosion on impact.
- Aftershocks — Damaging enemies with Seismic Strike recharges your grenade.
- Magnitude — Gain an additional grenade charge. Increased the duration of grenade effects.
- Terminal Velocity — Fists of Havoc's ground slam attack leaves a damage-dealing field in its wake and deals more damage the longer it's in the air.
- Ballistic Slam — After sprinting, leap into the air and press the melee button to slam into the ground and damage nearby targets.
- Impact Conversion — Hitting enemies with Ballistic Slam grants Super energy and activates Inertia Override.
- Inertia Override — Picking up ammo during a slide reloads your equipped weapon and increases weapon damage for a short time.
- Thundercrash — Hurl through the air like a missile and crash into enemies to inflict meteoric damage.
- Replaces Fists of Havoc as subclass Super.
- Frontal Assault — Strike an enemy with this melee ability to reload your weapon and increase both your weapon stability and weapon damage.
- Reversal — Melee kills immediately trigger health regeneration.
- Knockout — Critically wounding an enemy or breaking their shields increases your melee range and damage.
- Trample — Destroying enemies with Fists of Havoc extends its duration.
- An Insurmountable Skullfort — Kills with Arc melee abilities trigger health regeneration and restore melee energy.
- Eternal Warrior — Gain an overshield when activating Fists of Havoc.
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides — Grants an overshield when you're sprinting at full health with Seismic Strike, Hammer Strike, or Shield Bash equipped. Hits with these abilities recharge a portion of your melee energy.