Disciplined and proud, Titans lead from the front with aggressive assaults and stalwart defenses.
- See also: Titan (Location)
Titans are the most durable of Destiny's class triad, sacrificing agility and recovery for the ability to withstand a tremendous amount of punishment.
Much like its Hunter and Warlock brethren, the Titan class is divided into three subclasses at present; each specialization offers unique abilities and alters the manner in which the class is played. Shared among all subclasses is the Barricade class ability; this technique is further divided into Towering Barricade and Rally Barricade, each allowing players to deploy temporary cover on the battlefield.
- Striker is the first available subclass for New Light players.
- Sentinel has to be unlocked by completing the Gazing Into The Abyss quest.
- Sunbreaker has to be unlocked by completing the Stoking The Flame quest.
- Behemoth has to be unlocked by completing the Beyond Light campaign.
Prior to Shadowkeep, where all subclasses were always available, Titan subclasses had to be unlocked in a different way:
- Sentinel was automatically unlocked during the Red War story mission Spark.
- Striker was unlocked at level 8+ by obtaining the Battered Gauntlet Class Relic and charging it by completing various activities.
- Sunbreaker was unlocked at level 15+ by obtaining the Melted Hammer Class Relic and charging it by completing various activities.