|Unlock||Stoking The Flame|
Dawnblade is the solar-based subclass of the Warlock class. Excelling in aerial combat, the Dawnblade is outfitted with an array of abilities that encourage players to engage their targets from the skies.
A young—by Warlock standards—apprentice holds out a hand and reaches for flame. Nothing. The wizened teacher laughs. "You're supposed to be teaching me. Not laughing."
The teacher's arm extends as one word hangs in the air, "Sword." As quickly as it appeared, the blade vanishes. "That doesn't help."
"Sword." In a flash, the blade appears again, this time at the student's throat. Both pairs of eyes widened. One aghast, one aglow. "Say it with me."
Two voices ring: "Sword."
A blade appears in each outstretched hand. A pair of wings form on each Warlock's back. Two Warlocks take flight and vow to never again look down.
- Daybreak — Weave Solar Light into blades and smite your foes from the skies.
- Strafe Glide — Jump while airborne to activate glide and start an airborne drift with strong directional control.
- Burst Glide — Jump while airborne to activate glide and start an airborne drift with a strong initial burst of speed.
- Balanced Glide — Jump while airborne to activate glide and start an airborne drift with both moderate speed and directional control.
- Solar Grenade — A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continuously damages enemies trapped inside.
- Firebolt Grenade — A grenade that unleashes bolts of Solar Light at nearby enemies.
- Fusion Grenade — An explosive grenade that deals bonus damage when it attaches to a target.
- Healing Rift — Conjure a well of Light that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift — Conjure a well of Light that increases weapon damage for those inside it.
- Celestial Fire — Send out a spiral of three explosive Solar energy blasts.
- Winged Sun — Fire weapons, send Celestial Fire, and throw grenades while gliding. Airborne final blows extend the effects of Heat Rises and grant melee energy.
- Heat Rises — Hold [Grenade] to consume your grenade energy to extend Glide time and improve in-air accuracy.
- Icarus Dash — Activate while midair to dodge twice.
- Divine Protection — Hold to convert your grenade into a Blessing that heals ally targets and drops overshields you and your allies can pick up. Activate Divine Protection while Gliding hover in mid-air.
- Guiding Flame — Strike an enemy with this melee ability to inflict burn damage and empower yourself and nearby allies.
- Benevolent Dawn — Healing or empowering your allies regenerates your grenade, melee and Rift energy.
- Well of Radiance — Thrusts your Daybreak sword into the ground. The sword continuously projects a powerful aura that heals and empowers nearby allies.
- Replaces Daybreak as subclass Super.
- Igniting Touch — Strike an enemy with this melee ability to burn them and cause them to explode when killed.
- Fated for the Flame — Daybreak projectiles seek targets as they travel and, upon impact, launch a streak of deadly flames.
- Everlasting Fire — Killing an enemy with Daybreak increases its duration.
- Phoenix Dive — Activate while midair to quickly descend and restore your health. When Daybreak is active, descent causes explosive damage.
- Sunbracers — Increases the duration of Solar Grenades and grants grenade energy on melee hits.
- Bonus grenade energy recovery is 50%, or half of a charge.
- Requires a melee charge to activate.
- Starfire Protocol — Fusion Grenades have an additional charge and recharge from empowered weapon damage. Fusion Grenade kills grant Rift energy.
- Bonus rift energy recovery is 100%, or a complete charge.
- Wings of Sacred Dawn — When Dawnblade is equipped, aiming weapons while you're midair suspends you there for a short time, improving airborne accuracy, reducing incoming flinch, and granting damage resistance. Weapon hits extend this effect's duration.
- Phoenix Protocol — Kills and assists you make while standing in your Well of Radiance return Super energy.
- Promethium Spur — While Daybreak is active, defeating combatants or Guardians creates a Healing and Empowering Rift at their location.