|Unlock||Complete the Lightfall campaign.|
Threadrunner is the Strand-based subclass of the Hunter class. It is unlocked by completing the Lightfall campaign on any difficulty as a Hunter. Additional abilities can be purchased with Strand Meditations at the Pouka Pond in the Hall of Heroes on Neptune.
I cut through the air like a blade. I am a torrent of leaves kicked up in the wind. I grasp at the fabric of the universe and wrap myself in its tensile folds.
The higher I climb, the more the internal doubter makes himself known:
"But what if you fall?"
Does the spider fear a fall from her web? Do the stars tremble at the possibility they'll plummet from the heavens?
I dance with the mighty gale; I am cradled by the weave of the universe.
The doubter will never know the air as I do.
- Silkstrike — Weave a vicious rope dart and tear through your targets.
- [Light Attack]: Swing the rope dart in front of you to deal damage. The tip of the dart deals bonus damage, and defeating targets with the tip causes them to explode.
- [Heavy Attack]: Swing the rope dart in a circular motion to deal heavy damage all around you.
- [Grenade]: Use the grapple to move forward quickly.
- Gambler's Dodge — Dodge to perform a deft tumble, avoiding enemy attacks. Dodging near enemies fully recharges your Melee Ability.
- Marksman's Dodge — Dodge to perform an evasive maneuver with a steady hand. Dodging automatically reloads your weapon.
- High Jump — While airborne, jump a second time to reach greater heights.
- Strafe Jump — While airborne, jump a second time with strong directional control.
- Triple Jump — While airborne, sustain your air control with a second or third jump.
- Threaded Spike — Throw a rope dart that bounces between targets, damaging and severing them. The dart will return to you once it's done, returning melee energy to you for each target hit. Press [Melee] just as the dart gets back to you to catch it and increase the amount of energy returned.
- Grapple — Weave a grappling hook, and quickly pull yourself forward. Grappling to a Tangle immediately recharges your grenade energy.
- During and shortly after grappling, your melee attack deals area damage and unravels targets.
- Shackle Grenade — A thrown weapon of weighted Strand matter that detonates on impact, suspending targets and creating additional suspending subprojectiles.
- Threadling Grenade — A woven projectile that reweaves itself into Threadlings while in flight.
- Ensnaring Slam — Activate your air move to consume your class ability energy and dive to the ground, suspending all nearby targets on impact. Using this ability extends class ability cooldown time.
- Widow's Silk — You have an additional grenade charge.
- Your grapple creates a Grapple Tangle at the grapple point.
- Main page: Strand Fragments
- Cyrtarachne's Facade — Acrobat's Focus: Gain Woven Mail when activating grapple. Increased flinch resistance while Woven Mail is active.