|Description||The Crucible is the arena in which Guardians forge their Light. Lord Shaxx is the Crucible.|
- 1 Location
- 2 Vendor Tooltip
- 3 Weekly Challenges
- 4 Crucible Rank
- 5 Rank Rewards
- 6 Wares
- 7 Focused Decoding
- 8 Legacy Gear
- 9 Quests
- 10 Bounties
- 11 Patch History
- 12 References
This tooltip appears when hovering over the icon in the upper-left corner of the vendor screen:
- Complete Crucible matches to earn Crucible Ranks. Winning or completing multiple matches in a row grants additional progress.
- Reach higher Competitive Divisions for a bonus multiplier to Crucible Ranks.
- Complete Ranks to earn Crucible Engrams.
- Earn Crucible weapons at the end of matches, in engrams, or from focusing more weapon perks as you complete up to 4 Rank resets in a Season.
|Live-Fire Exercises||Complete bounties from this vendor to earn powerful rewards.||
"A Guardian's best tool in combat is their valor. Your light must be sharp if it is to cut through our enemies." —Lord Shaxx
A progression rank that goes up when you complete Crucible matches. Complete matches back-to-back to increase your activity streak. Earn more points with higher streaks.
Starting a different ritual activity may reduce your streak.
Players can increase their rank with Lord Shaxx (sometimes referred to as Valor) by completing matches in any Crucible game mode, including Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris. Completing matches will also increase the player's Crucible activity streak, granting increased reputation rewards with each match, up to a maximum streak of 5. The player's current streak can be seen by hovering over the reputation icon on the Crucible screen in the Director. Completing Vanguard, Gambit, or Dares of Eternity activities will reduce the player's Crucible streak while adding to those activities' streaks. Players can only have a total of 5 streak progress across all four activity types, rebalancing depending on the activities completed.
Each rank will reward a Crucible Engram, stored on Lord Shaxx's vendor screen, which can either be decrypted into gear from the current Crucible loot pool, or focused into specific items in the Focused Decoding and Legacy Gear sub-menus. They have a maximum capacity of 99, and will disappear at the end of the season if not used.
Some weeks will feature a modifier that increases the amount of Crucible Rank points gained. When this is active, an "Increased Crucible Rank" modifier will be visible when launching Crucible activities. This modifier will be active until the next Tuesday reset. Bonus Crucible Rank weeks are usually announced the weekend before through a "Next Week in Destiny" alert in-game.
Rank can be reset to 1 after rank 16 is completed. Resetting rank once will give a chance for weapons obtained from Crucible match completions, Crucible Engram decryptions, and Focused Decoding to drop with additional Traits in the third and fourth perk columns. The chance and number of additional perks increase with each reset, up to 4 resets.
|Rank Number||Rank Name||Total Points Needed||Points Until Next Rank|
Reaching Silver tier or higher in the Competitive playlist will grant a multiplier that boosts the Crucible Rank points earned in all Crucible playlist activities, with higher tiers giving greater boosts. Competitive rank resets with each season, requiring players to complete another series of placement matches before they can earn the rank multiplier again.
Rewards can be obtained when certain ranks are reached. Rank will be automatically reset to 1 at the beginning of the next season, and any unclaimed rewards will be lost.
|No Resets||1 Reset||2+ Resets|
|Every Rank||Crucible Engram|
|Every Major Rank||Powerful Gear (World Loot Pool gear)||N/A|
|Rank 4||3 Enhancement Cores||3 Upgrade Modules|
|Rank 7||Sanguine Splash (Shader)||3 Enhancement Cores|
|Rank 10||2 Enhancement Prisms||3 Enhancement Cores|
|Rank 13||Readied Projection (Ghost Projection)||2 Enhancement Prisms|
|Rank 16||Malediction (Hand Cannon)||Seasoned Temper (Malediction Weapon Ornament)||2 Enhancement Prisms|
|Reset Rank (Rank 16 Completed)||Ascendant Shard||Exotic Engram|
- See also: Lord Shaxx/Past Seasons
Competitive Division Rewards
- Vermillion Defender (Emblem) — Requires Competitive Division Rank Ascendant III or higher;
- Division Computed (Transmat Effect) — Requires Competitive Division Rank Silver III or higher.
Crucible Engrams, earned by increasing one's rank with Lord Shaxx, can be focused into specific weapons and armor items with random rolls. Alternatively, they can be decrypted by claiming them directly from Shaxx's vendor screen, rewarding a random drop from the current Crucible loot pool. To focus an engram into a specific item, the item must first be unlocked in Collections.
Each item costs 1 Crucible Engram, 25, and 5,000.
Decoded weapons will have one trait in the third and fourth perk columns. Resetting rank once with Lord Shaxx will give a chance for these weapons to decode or drop with additional traits in these columns. More resets will increase this chance, as well as the number of additional perks, up to 4 resets.
- Autumn Wind (Pulse Rifle)
- Blowout (Rocket Launcher)
- Crisis Inverted (Hand Cannon)
- Frozen Orbit (Sniper Rifle)
- Out of Bounds (Submachine Gun)
- Randy's Throwing Knife (Scout Rifle)
- Riptide (Fusion Rifle)
- Sorrow's Verse (Auto Rifle)
- Survivor's Epitaph (Hand Cannon)
- Unending Tempest (Submachine Gun)
Crucible Engrams can also be focused into older weapons and armor sets that are not currently in rotation. These items can be focused without having acquired them in Collections. However, items will cost more to focus if they have not been previously obtained.
If in Collections, a legacy weapon costs 1 Crucible Engram, 25, and 10,000.
If not in Collections, a legacy armor item costs 3 Crucible Engrams, 50, and 10,000.
If in Collections, a legacy armor item costs 1 Crucible Engram, 25, and 5,000.
Legacy Armor I
Legacy Armor II
Legacy Armor III
- Tex Mechanica Tournament
- The Ascent
- From the Mouths of Babes
- In Your Sights
- Reconnaissance by Fire
- Season 8: Battle Drills
- Tex Mechanica Tournament (New Light)
- Training Ground
- A Display of Power
- Heart of the Dragon
- Forging the Broadsword
- Fighting in Style
- Unfurl the Banners
- Rubicund Wrap
- Crucible Salvager
- The Red Hat
Lord Shaxx offers daily and repeatable bounties.
Lord Shaxx sells 4 randomly chosen daily bounties for 250 each, one from each category. They each reward XP+.
- Blinding Light
- Calm Like a Bomb
- Closed Circuit
- High Energy
- Jolt to the System
- Scorched Earth
- Slice and Dice
- Solar Winds
- Standard Fare
- Taste of Instability
- The Nothing
- Void Sampler
- All for One
- Balanced Tactics
- Balance of Power
- Cardio Day
- Cast Early, Cast Often
- Combat Drill
- Did You Throw Enough Grenades?
- Double Time
- Full Control
- High Lethality
- In the Zone
- I Will Survive
- Lock It Down
- Look at You
- No Survivors
- One at a Time
- Process of Elimination
- Push the Advantage
- Speed Demon
- Straight-Up Fight
- Supply Chain
- Tag Team
- The Art of Demolition
- Unlimited Power
Lord Shaxx offers repeatable Crucible bounties for 3000 each. They each reward XP and 10 Bright Dust.
- Arc Slayer
- Auto Rifle Slayer
- Bow Slayer
- Grenade Slayer
- Hand Cannon Slayer
- Hunter Slayer
- Melee Slayer
- Pulse Rifle Slayer
- Scout Rifle Slayer
- Sidearm Slayer
- SMG Slayer
- Solar Slayer
- Stasis Slayer
- Strand Slayer
- Super Slayer
- Titan Slayer
- Void Slayer
- Warlock Slayer
- Ascendant Competitive Division players can now purchase an emblem from Shaxx.
- Competitive Division
- New Competitive Division ladder implemented.
- Shaxx has an intro quest to get you started!
- Competitive Division Rewards
- A cool division.
- Your division gives you a stacking Crucible Rank bonus:
- Copper and Bronze - 1.0x
- Silver - 1.1x
- Gold - 1.2x
- Platinum - 1.3x
- Adept - 1.4x
- Ascendant - 1.5x
- New Competitive Division ladder implemented.
- Crucible Engrams
- Crucible Gear Focusing
- You can focus the Crucible Engram directly into either Crucible armor or Crucible weapons.
- Crucible armor available for focusing in Season 19:
- Crucible weapons available for focusing in Season 19:
- Brand new Crucible weapons are only available as drops during their introductory Season and are then available for focusing the following Season.
- Other Shaxx changes
- As mentioned earlier in these patch notes, the Kill-Tracker Ghost Shell will no longer appear on Lord Shaxx if it has already been acquired. It may be reacquired from Collections.
- Competitive Division
- "Destiny 2 Update 4.1.0" Bungie, posted by Bungie, 24 May 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51380. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 6.2.0" Bungie, posted by BrunoLouviers, 23 Aug. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51707. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 6.3.0" Bungie, posted by Bruno Louviers, 6 Dec. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/destiny2_update_630. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 7 Sep. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/destiny_2_patch_notes_7_2_0_3. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206 - Season of the Witch" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 22 Aug. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-witch-update-7-2-0-1. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 7.1.0 - Season of the Deep" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 23 May 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-deep-update-7-1-0. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Team, 18 Apr. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/update-7050. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Dev Team, 27 Feb. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/update_7_0_0_1. wikipage
- "Economy Updates And More Coming In Lightfall" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Dev Team, 25 Jan. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-20-legacy-focusing. Accessed 28 Apr. 2023.
- "Destiny 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124" Bungie, posted by Destiny 2 Dev Team, 18 Jan. 2023, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/hotfix_6_3_0_4. wikipage