|Description||The inscription, written in a Cabal dialect, reads: "Victory or death!"|
|Rounds Per Minute||200|
|Bounce Direction||Tends Vertical|
| Exotic Engram|
May rarely be obtained upon completion of any challenge or dropped from defeated enemies.
Occasionally sells this weapon in exchange for 29 Legendary Shards.
|Skyburner's Oath PvP Stats|
|Optimal Kill||1 crit 3 body|
|Body Shot Time-to-Kill||1.20s|
|Body Shots to Kill||5|
Skyburner's Oath is an Exotic Weapon.
Perks - Curated Roll
- Slug Rifle — Lobs explosive rounds that get stronger and faster when aiming down sights.
Sight / Barrel
- Extended Barrel - Weighty barrel extension.
- Increases Range.
- Decreases Handling Speed.
Magazine / Battery
- Extended Mag - This weapon has a greatly increased magazine size, but reloads much slower.
- Greatly increases magazine size.
- Greatly decreases Reload Speed.
- For the Empire - This weapon is Full Auto, does extra damage to Cabal, and penetrates Phalanx Shields.
- Short-Action Stock - This weapon is especially easy to grip.
- Greatly increases Handling Speed.
The Catalyst increases Skyburner's Oath's range by 27 and Masterworks it.
- Slug Rifle
- Note that this is a projectile weapon with rounds that have velocity (like rocket launchers), therefore it does not have range falloff.
- Hip-fire slug travels ≈51.72m/s
- 185% damage on precision hit.
- Hip-fire explosion damage deals 82% on body, 93% on precision. ADS explosion damage deals 82% on body, 54% on precision.
- This weapon has Explosive Payload.
- Extended Mag
- Magazine adjusted to 18 rounds.
- For the Empire
- Deals 123% damage to Cabal.
- Hip fire rate is adjusted to 225 RPM, ADS fire rate is adjusted to 150 RPM.
- Skyburner's Oath behaves like a Lightweight Scout Rifle when it is hip-fired. While aiming down sights, the weapon instead behaves like a High-Impact Scout Rifle due to the Slug Rifle perk taking effect. This makes Skyburner's Oath the only weapon which possesses two different weapon archetypes.
- A side-effect of the Oath's archetype change from Lightweight to High-Impact when aiming down sights is a noticeable reduction in fire rate. The increase in damage is equal to roughly +27%.
- As with most weapons the Oath includes a small display with an ammo readout, though the numerals are displayed using Cabal characters.
Some grunts are born to fight the war. Yes, they're loyal and true, and when the call comes "hot drop in five," well, they're always first in the queue. But I'm not one of them. I'm no hero, I'm in no hurry to die. I shot my own squad on Phobos, when death came to wear us like armor. I rode the Primus's ship that rammed the Hive dreadnaught. Second wave out the hatch. We won that fight. Victory or death. We're not dead, so we won.
Now this is the end, brothers, our final fight. Ghaul's here to finish it. Mars taught us how to fight Guardians. The Hive taught us how to eat their Light. Remember that we made it possible. The Red Legion ends it. But we held the line and we didn't die. That's victory. It says so on the gun.
|Primary||Auto Rifles • Scout Rifles • Pulse Rifles • Hand Cannons • Submachine Guns • Sidearms • Combat Bows|
|Special||Shotguns • Grenade Launchers • Fusion Rifles • Sniper Rifles • Trace Rifles|
|Heavy||Swords • Grenade Launchers • Rocket Launchers • Linear Fusion Rifles • Machine Guns|