|Description||Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?|
|Rounds Per Minute||72|
|Bounce Direction||Tends Vertical|
|Exotic engrams; extremely rare world drops. |
|Exotic Engram |
Occasionally sells this weapon in exchange for 29 Legendary Shards.
|Borealis PvP Stats|
|Time Between Shots||0.83s|
Perks - Curated Roll
- The Fundamentals — Holding [Reload] changes this weapon's damage type, cycling between Solar, Arc and Void.
Sight / Barrel
- Corkscrew Rifling - Balanced barrel.
- Slightly increases Range and Stability.
- Slightly increases Handling Speed.
Magazine / Battery
- Extended Mag - This weapon has a greatly increased magazine size, but reloads much slower.
- Greatly increases magazine size.
- Greatly decreases Reload Speed.
- Ionic Return — Breaking an enemy shield transfers one bullet from reserves. Breaking a combatant shield—or the shield of a Guardian using a Super—with that shield's energy type grants bonus damage for the rest of the magazine.
- Hand-Laid Stock — This weapon is optimized for recoil control.
- Increases stability.
The Catalyst increases this weapon's reload speed by 18 and Masterworks it.
- The damage type given in the infobox is the default damage type of Borealis. The Fundamentals allows the player to change this damage type to Solar or Arc instead.
- The Borealis was exclusive to the PS4 Console for the entirety of Year 1. As of Year 2, it is now obtainable on all platforms.
"Project Borealis's onboard systems contain a pocket energy matrix capable of changing its alignment in a near instant to mimic the spectral frequencies of mapped energy types. The science is groundbreaking, but volatile. We're lucky to have this first, stable model available for active combat use. More will surely come, but for now, the Borealis is the only one of its kind that I trust for real world application."
"If the internal matrix misaligns for any reason during its shift between outputs—damage, wear, a flaw in its production—the resulting feedback could [REDACTED]."
"That bad, huh?"
"If your definition of 'bad' includes the [REDACTED] then yes, 'bad' begins to describe it."
|Primary||Auto Rifles • Scout Rifles • Pulse Rifles • Hand Cannons • Submachine Guns • Sidearms • Combat Bows|
|Special||Shotguns • Grenade Launchers • Fusion Rifles • Sniper Rifles • Trace Rifles • Glaives|
|Heavy||Swords • Grenade Launchers • Rocket Launchers • Linear Fusion Rifles • Machine Guns|