|Description||Omolon's newest breakthrough uses focused sonic waves to superheat electrons into a devastating energy beam.|
|Rounds Per Minute||1000|
|Bounce Direction||Tends Vertical|
|Exotic Engram |
May rarely be obtained upon completion of any challenge or dropped from defeated enemies. Requires Forsaken Pack to obtain.
Perks - Curated Roll
- Harmonic Laser — Laser damage has three power levels that oscillate while the trigger is held down.
- Polygonal Rifling - Barrel optimized for recoil reduction.
- Increases Stability.
- Enhanced Battery — Strong battery life.
- Increases magazine size.
- Supercharged Battery — Collecting an Orb of Power grants a period of maximum power that starts with an automatic reload. Sustained fire in this mode suppresses targets.
- Fitted Stock - This stock makes the weapon stable but heavy.
- Increases Stability.
- Improves recoil direction.
- Slightly decreases Handling Speed.
- Harmonic Laser causes Wavesplitter's damage output to oscillate among three different levels as the weapon is fired.
- Supercharged Battery forces an automatic reload and locks damage output to its maximum value for a short time whenever the player collects an Orb of Light.
- Wavesplitter was previously a PS4 exclusive weapon. It was released to all consoles with the release of Shadowkeep.
From the makers of the Coldheart comes the latest in breakthrough City Age technology: the Wavesplitter. Here are the three most frequently asked questions we get about our revolutionary weaponized sound system.
Q: If the Wavesplitter fires sound waves, does it need ammo packs?
A: The Wavesplitter does need ammo packs, but the onboard matter transmuter turns that ammo into electrical energy that powers the waveform emitter.
Q: What does it sound like when you're hit by it?
A: Our Guardian testers give us many different answers. Some say it sounds like a scream you hear in your bones. Others say it sounds like a dying star. Still others say it reminds them of a knife shaped like a B flat.
Q: Can the Wavesplitter be used as a musical instrument?
A: The Wavesplitter was not designed to be a musical instrument. That said, we at Omolon are in the business of giving Guardians options, not taking them away.
- "Destiny 2 Update 4.1.0" Bungie, posted by Bungie, 24 May 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51380. wikipage
|Primary||Auto Rifles • Scout Rifles • Pulse Rifles • Hand Cannons • Submachine Guns • Sidearms • Combat Bows|
|Special||Shotguns • Grenade Launchers • Fusion Rifles • Sniper Rifles • Trace Rifles • Glaives|
|Heavy||Swords • Grenade Launchers • Rocket Launchers • Linear Fusion Rifles • Machine Guns|