|Expansion||Season of Arrivals (free for all players)|
|Boss|| Phalanx Echo (Taken Phalanx)|
Kell Echo (Taken Captain)
|Description||Enter the realm of the Nine and ask the question: "What is the nature of the Darkness?"|
Prophecy is a dungeon introduced in the Season of Arrivals. It can be launched from the Legends node in the Destinations map in the Director. Prophecy is free to all players.
- Phalanx Echo (Taken Phalanx)
- Kell Echo (Taken Captain)
Here, you will learn about dungeon mechanics which revolves around Light and Darkness.
You will notice that there is a Darkness and a Light pillar at the end of the hall. Also, the place is swarming with Taken enemies and Knights. Each time you kill one, he will drop either a light or a dark mote, which will vary depending on where you kill them. The border of your screen will give you an indication, as it will glow white or black. Your goal is to collect five of each and then activate the trigger on the top of both pillars. Notice that you'll need to focus on collecting motes of the same kind, as they will otherwise cancel each other. Repeat this process one more time before heading into the next area.
The second area revolves around the spherical arena. This is where you will fight your first boss Phalanx Echo . He is going to be immune, and you will need to cleanse 4 pillars. It's time to start killing Knights and figuring out which pillar is Light and which one is Dark. Keep in mind that each time you cleanse a pillar, the configuration of others will change. Once all 4 pillars are down his shield will drop, so blast him with everything you got. This is a small arena, so use Well of Radiance and Ward of Dawn to make this fight a bit easier. Anarchy will do massive damage and quickly finish the fight. Stand on the purple hue in the center of the arena to sink into The Wasteland .
You will find yourself in the huge desert, so summon your sparrow and start exploring it. Look for the rings with Taken Blights around them. Once you blow up their hatching spot you will notice a little wisp of light heading in one direction. Follow it and you will find more rings with Blights around. After few rounds, you will get the message: "The way is open". Now, you'll need to look out for a glowing pink pillar of light. Head toward it, and you will notice that massive doors have opened, which will take you to The Cube .
Secret Chest 1: This chest can be found near the ruins with the Clovis Bray sign. When facing the sign, head to the right until you find a stone structure with yellow sand falling from a pot floating in the air. Crouch and walk through a crevice in the wall of the structure to reach the chest.
The Cube is like Escher's staircase, as you can teleport to other sides of it, which will switch the center of the room's gravity. Each side of the cube will have either a Light or Darkness pillar, and there are sand circles on the floor, walls, and ceiling. You will want to move towards Toland - a little wisp of light that guided you in the previous encounter.
The mechanic here is similar to the previous encounters. Just keep killing Knights and collecting Light and Dark motes. Then, dismantle the pillar located right below the Toland. This will switch the center of gravity, so keep heading towards him till you cover all 6 sides of the cube. Sometimes Toland will be 2 steps ahead of you. This just means it will take 2 turns to get to him and doesn't affect the process in any way.
Keep your eyes on nasty Hobgoblins, as they will be spawning from all directions and can inflict much damage. At the end of this encounter, you will be teleported to a small arena where you'll fight 2 Centurion Echos. Keep your distance and they shouldn't be a problem. Head towards another big doorway, but don't forget to open your reward chest.
You will once again come out in the Wasteland. This time, you will have to follow Kell Echo - a Taken Fallen Captain. Summon the sparrow and keep fighting through until you reach another big doorway that will lead you to Singularity. Here, you will need to switch between taking a ribbon road and traveling through floating pyramids filled with ads. Keep in mind, there's a hole in the back of the last pyramid where you can find a secret chest. When you get to the bottom, you will see a bizarre tube that will suck you up and transport you to the final arena.
Secret Chest 2: This chest is found inside the final pyramid, before the vortex that leads to the final encounter. One of the corners of the room inside the pyramid has a hole that leads to a chasm underneath it. Jump across the chasm to reach the chest.
The final boss room is shaped like a giant triangle where, like in Cube, you will have to constantly switch orientations. To start the encounter, simply go to a wisp floating in the middle of the arena. Kell Echo will spawn in 3 corners of the room. He will be immune, but still able to deal you a massive amount of damage. First, focus on getting rid of one of his copies by dismantling either a Light or Dark pillar that's nearest to that boss. When you do this, a Taken Ogre will spawn, so quickly eliminate him. Now that you have one corner that will serve as a cover from fire, things will get a bit easier. Repeat the same process 2 more times and you will notice the purple wisp in the center of the arena. Head into it and you will be transported to another room and the damage phase will start.
This is a long room filled with floating platforms, so you will need to constantly move. You will also acquire a debuff called Dark Entropy which can kill you if it reaches 10 stacks. To remove it, you will need to stay very close to Kell Echo. This is a bit challenging since he will start teleporting through the room and is very powerful. He will use the Taken Blight attack that inflicts huge damage and teleports you backwards. In any case, keep chasing and blasting him, while also eliminating Taken Hobgoblin snipers along the way. Weapons such as The Mountaintop and Anarchy will be very useful at this point. Kell Echo will soon reach the end of the room and teleport, so follow him by entering the purple wisp which will take you back to phase one.
Repeat the whole process 2 or 3 times and the fight will be over. You will then be teleported into the chamber of the Nine, where your rewards will await.
- See also: Prophecy/Past Seasons
- The two secret chests each reward a single weapon or armor item that can drop from any of the encounters listed below. The chests can only award gear that the player has previously obtained and unlocked in Collections.
One of the following weapons or armor items will drop after completing the encounter.
One of the following weapons or armor items will drop after completing the encounter.
One armor item from the following armor sets will drop after defeating the Kell Echo.
After completing the Kell Echo encounter, players will be teleported to an area with a large figure of the Emissary. One of the following weapons or armor items will drop from the chest in this area.
- Completing the dungeon as a fireteam without dying earns the Prophecy Dungeon Flawless triumph, rewarding the Of Ten Suns Exotic Sparrow.
- Completing the dungeon solo earns the Prophecy Dungeon Solo triumph, rewarding the Hareball Shell Exotic Ghost Shell.
- Completing the dungeon solo, without dying and without leaving the activity, earns the Prophecy Dungeon Solo Flawless triumph, rewarding the Prophetic Visionary Emblem.
- Prophecy has been free to play since launch, and was not tied to ownership of the Season of Arrivals Season Pass.
- Prophecy was temporarily moved into the Destiny Content Vault in Version 22.214.171.124, with the release of Beyond Light. It was restored in Version 3.0.1, about a month after it was removed.
- The map node for Prophecy was originally located on the Tower map. It was moved to the Legends screen in Version 126.96.36.199, with the release of The Witch Queen.
- Prophecy dungeon has been moved to the Legends screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Prophecy ghost shell's ears were not colorful.
- Trials of the Nine reprisal weapons will now drop from the Prophecy dungeon.
- Fixed a bug where Taken Psions would replicate too rapidly in some Prophecy dungeon encounters.
- Prophecy is once again available.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
- Prophecy Dungeon Stat Trackers have been moved to the Open World category matching other Dungeon related Stat Trackers.
- UNLISTED: Removed from the game, and temporarily moved into the Destiny Content Vault.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could stop spawning in Hexahedron area, blocking players from progressing.
- Fixed an issue where a door in the Hexahedron would occasionally not open.
- Fixed an issue where solo completions of the Prophecy dungeon did not properly unlock the associated Triumph.
- Added to the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Destiny 2 Prophecy Loot Table: Weapons & Armor" Blueberries.gg, by Ric "Prim" Molina, 14 Jan. 2022, https://www.blueberries.gg/weapons/destiny-2-prophecy-loot/. Accessed 24 Dec. 2022.
- ↑ "This Week At Bungie – 6/11/2020" Bungie, posted by Cozmo_BNG, 11 Jun. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49254. Accessed 18 Jun. 2022.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 10 Nov. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49819. wikipage
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 8 Dec. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49928. wikipage
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 22 Feb. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51110. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Hotfix 220.127.116.11" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 21 Oct. 2021, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50787. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Update 3.3.0 " Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 24 Aug. 2021, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50599. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Update 3.0.2" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 19 Jan. 2021, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50013. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Update 2.9.2" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 8 Sep. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49505. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168" Bungie, posted by Cozmo_BNG, 14 Jul. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49341. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 23 Jun. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49287. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Update 2.9.0" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 9 Jun. 2020, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49188. wikipage