|Description||A new chapter for an old legend.|
|Rounds Per Minute||200|
|Bounce Direction||Tends Vertical|
|Magnum Opus |
|Forerunner PvP Stats|
- Full Stop — Oversized Sidearm with extended-range, heavy-caliber rounds. Fires full auto with increased rate of fire. Deals increased precision damage to unshielded targets.
- Smallbore - Dual strength barrel.
- Increases Range.
- Increases Stability.
- Flared Magwell - Optimized for fast reloading.
- Slightly increases Stability.
- Greatly increases Reload Speed.
- Pace Yourself — Tapping the trigger gives this weapon less recoil and improves accuracy.
- Smooth Grip — This weapon is slightly easier to hold and aim.
- Slightly increases stability.
- Slightly increases handling speed.
- The Rock — For several seconds after a final blow, [Alternate Weapon Action] to consume part of your ammo reserves, converting your next thrown grenade into a fragmentation grenade.
Forerunner Catalyst is obtained by completing the Magnum Opus II quest, which can be picked up from Xûr after reaching Strange Favor Rank 16 with him. Its upgrade is unlocked by defeating enemies with this weapon.
- This weapon is a reference to the M6D magnum from the Halo series, which was created by Bungie.
Banshee-44 considered the relic on his workbench and the questions on his mind; one stood out above the rest: who were you meant for?
The form of the weapon suggested an oversized sidearm—a secondary weapon for a giant's hands. The function presented more so as an anti-material rifle. "Looks to be 12.7mm… it's like they were making a hand cannon but didn't know it yet."
Banshee wondered further about the warrior who could wield such a thing. His attention drifted momentarily, drawn by Shaxx's voice booming nearby. "Huh. Yeah. A Titan, maybe… and a big one too."
The weapon was laced with fractures from a life of fire and a sleep of ice, and perhaps other, more exotic stresses. Banshee wished he could've heard the relic's voice, but he knew from earlier examination that it had fired its last round. What a last round it must have been.
The Guardian who brought it to him might be willing to try a shot, untroubled by the risk of a rapid unplanned dismantle. But Banshee knew it wouldn't last through a single magazine.
Beside the relic lay a stripped-down Breechlight. He would adapt it for a larger round. Custom casings and handguard. Sensorium link scope… and he had other ideas to try as well.
It would be an homage, an offering to the creators of the original relic. A legacy.
With that satisfying thought in mind, the gunsmith went to work.
|Primary||Auto Rifles • Scout Rifles • Pulse Rifles • Hand Cannons • Submachine Guns • Sidearms • Combat Bows|
|Special||Shotguns • Grenade Launchers • Fusion Rifles • Sniper Rifles • Trace Rifles • Glaives|
|Heavy||Swords • Grenade Launchers • Rocket Launchers • Linear Fusion Rifles • Machine Guns|