Destination Resources, also known as Destination Materials and Planetary Resources, are currency items obtained by interacting with objects in patrol zones. Each destination has its own resource to collect.
Bungie has announced that, at the start of Season 19, players will no longer be able to obtain material items when interacting with resource nodes. The materials will remain in players' inventories. Vendors will have their material costs replaced or removed. Players will also be able to sell these materials to Master Rahool for Glimmer.
Destination resources can be acquired by harvesting them from objects in the patrol area. These objects spawn randomly in areas throughout the destination, and will disappear over time. Resources are also rewarded when opening Loot Caches and completing Strikes.
Players who purchase a Season Pass can obtain Destination Resource Bundles from the paid seasonal rewards track. Each bundle gives 50 of every resource that is currently available. 10 bundles can usually be obtained per Season.
Equipping a Tracking Ghost Mod can help with finding resources by displaying a waypoint when one is nearby. Aiming down sights using a weapon with high Zoom, like a Scout Rifle or Sniper Rifle, will make these waypoints show up from farther away. These ghost mods include:
- Destabilized Resource Detector: Detect resources within a 20-meter range.
- Makeshift Resource Detector: Detect resources within a 30-meter range.
- Stable Resource Detector: Detect resources within a 40-meter range.
- Combo Detector: Detect caches or resources within a 40-meter range.
- Enhanced Resource Detector: Detect resources within a 50-meter range.
- Wombo Detector: Detect caches or resources within a 50-meter range.
- Perfected Resource Detector: Detect resources within a 75-meter range.
Destination resource items can be used for the following purposes:
- Purchasing Glimmer, Enhancement Prisms, and Ascendant Shards from Master Rahool;
- Purchasing Upgrade Modules from Banshee-44 and Ada-1;
- With Dusklight Shards and Microphasic Datalattice, increasing faction rank with Devrim Kay and Failsafe, respectively, as well as purchasing items from them.
Some destination resource objects do not give inventory items. Instead, they reward reputation with the destination's vendor. For example, harvesting Fundamental Osmium in the Throne World increases the player's reputation with Fynch.
List of Resources
These resources can currently be acquired as inventory items. After the start of Season 19, players will no longer be able to obtain these items.
- Cosmodrome: Spinmetal Leaves
- Dreaming City: Baryon Bough
- EDZ: Dusklight Shard
- Europa: Glacial Starwort
- Moon: Helium Filaments
- Nessus: Microphasic Datalattice
These resource objects do not reward items, but instead directly increase reputation with a destination's vendor.
- Derelict Leviathan: Petrified Egregore (increases reputation with the Crown of Sorrow)
- Savathûn's Throne World: Fundamental Osmium (increases reputation with Fynch)
These resources can no longer be obtained. The destinations where some of these resources could be found were removed from the game and added to the Destiny Content Vault. As a result, these items were deprecated and cannot be used. They will remain in players' inventories until they are discarded. Rare resources from destinations that are still in the game were also deprecated.
- EDZ: Dusklight Crystal
- Io: Phaseglass Needle and Phaseglass Spire
- Mars: Seraphite and Harmonic Seraphite
- Mercury: Simulation Seed and Simulation Bloom
- Nessus: Quantized Datalattice
- Tangled Shore: Etheric Spiral and Etheric Helix
- Titan: Alkane Dust and Alkane Spore
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "This Week at Bungie – 10/13/2022" Bungie, posted by Sam, 13 Oct. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51831.