|This page describes content which is not available in the game.|
|"Derelict Leviathan" was moved into the Destiny Content Vault in Lightfall.|
The transfigured remains of Calus's Leviathan.
It is the Leviathan, the flagship of Calus, former emperor of the Cabal. When Destiny 2 launched, it orbited Nessus. It later disappeared after the release of Beyond Light. It returned in the Season of the Haunted, now orbiting the Moon and infested with egregore, a Darkness-infused plant-like organism previously seen in the Presage mission. With the release of Lightfall, the Derelict Leviathan was removed from the game, along with its patrol zone and associated content. It can still be seen in the skybox when on the Moon, and the image of the Derelict Leviathan remains on the Moon destination map. The Duality dungeon is still available to owners of The Witch Queen Dungeon Key.
The Derelict Leviathan became accessible after completion of the Operation: Midas introductory story mission. Players would then acquire the Nightmare Harvester Seasonal Artifact and The Leviathan Returns quest from the Crown of Sorrow in the H.E.L.M.
- The "Castellum" option was suggested for players who wished to explore the Leviathan's patrol zone.
- The "Containment" option was suggested for players who wished to participate in the Nightmare Containment scalable Public Event that took place in the Castellum.
Choosing "Castellum" did not prevent players from initiating the Nightmare Containment activity, but "Containment" made it easier to find other players who wanted to participate in the event. The landing zone had a recommended Power Level of 1580, but players had their Power Level temporarily raised to 1570 when arriving at the Leviathan.
- Calus Automatons — Found in Sever missions.
- Calus Bobbleheads
- Haunted Alcoves
- Loyalist Commanders
- Opulent Chests
- Operation: Midas — Not replayable.
- Catharsis — Not replayable.
- In the Moon patrol zone, the Leviathan can be seen looming overhead in most areas on the lunar surface.