Tokens were Currency Consumables. They can be traded to Vendors in exchange for Legendary Engrams that draw from a pool of items relevant to that vendor or region. Starting December 12th, certain Vendors will also allow purchase of specific Faction items in exchange for Tokens and Legendary Shards, providing you have redeemed a certain number of Engrams already.
They are divided into two subgroups; Destination and Faction. Destination tokens are earned by participating in Public Events, looting Chests (including those spawned by High Value Targets), clearing Lost Sectors, and completing Challenges specific to a map destination (e.g. the European Dead Zone awards EDZ Tokens) and can then be traded in at that region's Vendor/representative.
- Arcology Token - Traded with Sloane
- EDZ Token - Traded with Devrim Kay
- Io Token - Traded with Asher Mir
- Nessus Token - Traded with Failsafe
- Mercury Token - Traded with Brother Vance
Currently, 27.5 tokens are required for all Destination vendors.
- Crucible Token - Traded with Lord Shaxx
- Emperor Calus Token - Traded with Benedict 99-40
- Gunsmith Materials - Traded with Arcite 99-40 (at The Farm, pre-story completion) or Banshee-44 (at The Tower, post-story completion)
- Trials of the Nine Tokens - Traded with The Emissary
- Vanguard Research Token - Traded with Ikora
- Vanguard Tactician Token - Traded with Zavala
The exact number of tokens required to earn an engram, and means of acquiring the tokens, varies per Faction; see the respective token articles for details.
Faction Rally Tokens
- Dead Orbit Token - Traded with Arach Jalaal
- Future War Cult Token - Traded with Lakshmi-2
- New Monarchy Token - Traded with Executor Hideo
A subset of Faction Tokens, Faction Rally Tokens can only be obtained and redeemed during monthly Faction Rally events, and are gained only when representing a specific faction. They are awarded for completing Strikes (more are awarded for Nightfall mode), Heroic Public Events, specific Faction Rally Challenges, and Lost Sectors. Special scannable objects can sometimes be found in Lost Sectors, and will award additional Faction Rally Tokens if interacted with.
Cost Per Engram
The table below indicates the amount of reputation required per Engram, along with the reputation earned by turning in Tokens and Resources (where appropriate). Values marked with a "?" are unconfirmed.
|Faction||Reputation/Engram||Reputation/Token||Resource||Reputation/Common Resource||Reputation/Rare Resource|
|Mercury (Vance)||2750||100||Simulation Seed||50||250|
|Vanguard Research (Ikora)||7000||1000||None||N/A||N/A|
|Vanguard Tactician (Zavala)||2000||100||None||N/A||N/A|
|Dead Orbit (Jalaal)||2000||100||None||N/A||N/A|
|Future War Cult (Lakshmi-2)||2000||100||None||N/A||N/A|
|New Monarchy (Hideo)||2000||100||None||N/A||N/A|
- Regional Engrams cost 27.5 tokens, or 27 tokens and 1 green resource if going for 0 waste per engram.
- Most Faction Engrams cost 20 tokens. Exceptions;
- Vanguard Research Engrams cost 7 tokens.
- Gunsmith Engrams cost 40 Materials. Gunsmith Telemetry is of minimal use between its low drop rate and minimal reputation value.
- Compared to release, regional resources are now significantly more valuable/worth acquiring; green resources are worth around 2.5x as much, whilst blue resources are now worth significantly more than a token instead of being equivalent in value to tokens.