|Description||Charge your soul and let the electrons sing.|
|Rounds Per Minute||900|
|Bounce Direction||Tends Vertical|
|Pain and Gain |
|Riskrunner PvP Stats|
|Optimal Kill||12 crit|
|Body Shot Time-to-Kill||1.00s|
|Body Shots to Kill||16 body|
Perks - Curated Roll
- Arc Conductor - When taking Arc damage, this weapon becomes more powerful and resists incoming Arc damage. Kills extend the time in this overcharged state.
Sight / Barrel
- Arrowhead Brake - Lightly vented barrel.
- Greatly controls Recoil.
- Increases Handling Speed.
Magazine / Battery
- Extended Mag - This weapon has a greatly increased magazine size, but reloads much slower.
- Greatly increases magazine size.
- Greatly decreases Reload Speed.
- Superconductor - When Arc Conductor is active, shots fired have the chance to become chain lightning and return ammo.
- Short-Action Stock - This weapon is especially easy to grip.
- Greatly increases Handling Speed.
The Catalyst increases Riskrunner's range by 27 and Masterworks the weapon. Masterworked Riskrunner generates Orbs of Light on multikills and tracks the number of enemies killed with it.
The first step requires the player to complete a Lost Sector in the EDZ, which includes killing its boss and looting the chest. In addition, the player has to complete any Heroic Public Event, and a Nightfall Strike, regardless of the score.
For the second step, the player has to complete the Risk/Reward mission in the Cosmodrome, the mission itself can be started on the EDZ map. They would be loaded into an area with numerous Fallen and a Walker. The player has to kill the Fallen until a Dusk Captain spawns, and then kill it. After killing three Captains, the player has to follow the waypoints into a jumping puzzle, and at the end of it they will find the Riskrunner in Cayde-6's secret room. To finish the mission, they have to kill some more Fallen with their new weapon, which rewards the player with Riskrunner's Catalyst.
To complete the quest, the player has to visit Banshee-44.
- Riskrunner was available exclusively for the Warlock class during the Destiny 2 Beta. It is available for all classes in the full release.
- Prior to New Light, this weapon used to be a reward for the Sacrilege story mission, and its Catalyst used to drop from strike and Nightfall bosses.
Insulated Weapons Frame: CHECK. Insulated Firing System: CHECK. Conductive Prongs: CHECK. Amplification Drivers: CHECK. Arc-core Replication Matrix: CHECK. Arc-core Chargers: CHECK. Feedback Reduction Loop: CHECK.
Direct User Pain Blockers: UNAVAILABLE
Ancillary operations listed under General Systems Review.
NOTE: The user must receive incoming damage to increase outgoing damage. However, the value we predict the user will receive in return for their discomfort far exceeds any momentary pain – assuming, of course, the user survives the attack.
In short: This may hurt. A lot.