After the player completes The Arrival campaign mission and The Relic quest, they will acquire the Shaping: Extraction quest. This quest requires the player to get a Deepsight Resonance weapon as a drop, but it is unclear if acquiring the quest is the only prerequisite for allowing weapons to drop with Deepsight Resonance. Bungie's Weapon Crafting Guide suggests that it is tied to the player unlocking the Deepsight power during The Investigation mission.
A Deepsight Resonance weapon is signified by a red border around its icon. A distinctive sound is played when one drops. Only Legendary weapons can drop with Deepsight Resonance, and most Legendary weapons in the current loot pool appear to be able to drop with Deepsight Resonance.
Deepsight Resonance weapons must be attuned by getting kills with them, or by completing activities (e.g. Strikes, Crucible, and Gambit) with them equipped. In the latter case, the weapon only needs to be equipped at the end of the activity, not during it, to make progress.
Once a Deepsight Resonance weapon reaches 100% attunement, it can be extracted. The player can extract 300 Resonant Elements from the weapon, removing the Deepsight Resonance while leaving the weapon intact. In order to unlock certain Weapon Patterns, players must perform a certain number of Deepsight Resonance extractions on specific weapons. The number of extractions required varies depending on the weapon. For example, Pointed Inquiry requires 3 extractions to unlock its pattern, while Sweet Sorrow needs 5 extractions to unlock.
Deepsight Resonance weapons will drop from most activities that reward Legendary Engrams, so players are likely to receive them as drops at a steady pace as they continue playing.
For players seeking a specific Deepsight Resonance weapon, the only way to improve one's chances is to continue getting drops of that weapon until it drops with Deepsight Resonance. In some cases, players can guarantee Deepsight Resonance drops. For example, the War Table from the Season of the Risen has an upgrade that guarantees that the first Umbral Engram focused into a seasonal weapon in the current week is guaranteed to have Deepsight Resonance. Certain rewards from quests or vendors may also be guaranteed to have Deepsight Resonance.
The following is a list of the attunement progress rewarded from various activities. Note that a Deepsight Resonance weapon only needs to be equipped when an activity is completed to gain progress.
|1 Strike completion||56%|
|1 PsiOps Battlegrounds mission completion||56%|
|1 Preservation completion||46%|
|1 The Wellspring completion (normal)||42%|
|1 Crucible match completion (win)||38%|
|1 Heroic Public Event completion||18%|
|1 normal Public Event completion||14%|
|1 Guardian killed (Crucible)||2%|
|1 patrol completion||2%|
|1 (non-Guardian) enemy killed||1%|
|1 bounty completion||0%|
|1 Lost Sector completion||0%|
- Weapon Crafting: All element currencies other than Neutral Elements have been removed. Neutral Elements have been renamed to Resonant Elements.
- Added an additional Deepsight Resonance extraction option that focuses only on Neutral Element.
- UNDOCUMENTED: Changed the icon background for Deepsight Resonance extraction options to a red color.
- Added to the game.
- "Weapon Crafting Guide – Bungie Help" Bungie, https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/4415502983188-Weapon-Crafting-Guide. Accessed 3 May 2022.
- "Destiny 2 Update 4.0.1" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 19 Apr. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51249. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 10 Mar. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51157. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 4.1.0" Bungie, posted by Bungie, 24 May 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51380. wikipage
- "Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 22 Feb. 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51110. wikipage