Grasp of Avarice
|Grasp of Avarice|
|Power|| 1350 (Legend)|
|Requirement||And Out Fly the Wolves|
|Expansion||Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack|
|Boss|| Phry'zhia the Insatiable|
Captain Avarokk the Covetous
|Description||A cautionary tale for adventurers willing to trade their humanity for riches.|
Grasp of Avarice is the fourth dungeon added to the game as part of Bungie's 30th Anniversary.
Players will enter the original loot cave from Destiny in the Cosmodrome. From there, they will clear enemies and solve mechanics and puzzles while avoiding traps, leading to challenging boss fights and rewards from previous Bungie titles.
Grip of Avarice has a Master difficulty, which requires a higher power level, adds modifiers and disables matchmaking. The boss drops armor with the Artifice intrinsic trait.
Players will start by moving to the mouth of the cave and taking out the enemies that spawn there. When enemies are defeated, they drop items similar to Exotic Engrams, however these inflict a debuff called Burdened by Riches that lasts for 30 seconds and the stack is refreshed every time an Engram is picked up. If the buff times out, the player dies.
In order to handle this mechanic, players must collect the Engrams and move to the white crystal in the back of the cave. This crystal will drain the buff from players and grow based on how many stacks of Burdened by Riches the player has. Once the crystal has collected enough stacks of the debuff, the ground beneath it will collapse, opening a hole in the ground and the entryway to the dungeon.
moving through the hole will lead players to an area with a few doors. The two doors on the right both have traps tied to them. Opening the door closest to the right will kill players with spikes, while the other has a pressure plate in front of it that will kill players as well. In order to move past this, simply jump over the plate. Hit the switch in the room to open the large door and head back out, avoiding the plate again. Be sure not to also flip the switch on the other end of the room, as that will also kill players.
Moving through the entrance with the arrows, players need to be careful not to stand on platforms for too long as they will eventually collapse. Players should move to the platform to the right of the entrance and let it collapse, revealing a secret room below. Pull the lever in this room and return to the room with the trap doors.
From here, players will see the roof has now opened up, so players need to jump up the fixtures on the walls to reach the opening. Once up top, players will see six pipes in front of them. Enter into the third pipe from the right, and players will come to a pressure pad to open the grate above them. Open it and jump through.
Players will move along the path until they reach another switch. there is also a diagram on the wall that showsif the doors are open or closed. Press the switch and continue forward, repeating until they've opened all the doors and pressed all the switches. Upon reaching the switch room on the left, players will also have to hit a switch that is higher up. This will open another door to the side. The rooms are dark, so players need to be careful.
Moving back to where the first switch and the newly opened door is, defeat the enemies and activate the switch in there to open another door. Moving through it, there will be two doors in front of players. Move through the door straight ahead, ignoring the door to the left, as it is also trapped and will kill players.
Moving through the door and jumping down the pipe, move towards the door marked one. Activate the switch that opens the third door, defeat the enemies inside, and activate the switch. This will open door one, revealing more enemies. Defeat them and use the switch to unlock door two. Inside here is the Scorch Cannon. This will be used to shoot a target within door four, so pick it up and bring it along. Use it to fire at the center cylinder on the box next to door 4 three times. Once the device is charged, the door will open and a barricade will drop. Moving through the door, players will need to move off the staircase to avoid getting hit by falling barrels. Destroy the vent and move to the first boss encounter.
Phry'zhia The Insatiable
The boss will initially have a shield up, and players need to lower it to defeat it. Kill the Scorch Cannon Vandal to pick up its cannon and use it to activate the door on the right. Defeat the enemies and pick up their Engrams and carry the debuff to the crystal in the front of the room. Do the same on the opposite side and repeat the process. Once both crystals are grown the boss's shield will drop. The boss hits hard so dodge its attacks behind the crystal and take the boss out. If it isn't beaten fast enough, its shield will go back up, requiring players to repeat the process. After it's defeated, move back through the door and head left.
Players will reach a door that leads outside. Pull the left switch (the right is a trap) and mount the Sparrow. On the other side of the area, there is a mine that takes roughly 15 seconds to detonate. Players can increase this time by hitting switches on the way, but it's recommended to just head straight to the mines. Players need to reach it and diffuse it by standing in its zone. Repeat this for the other three mines remaining. If the mines go off, players will die.
After this section, players will move to the next area and need to use the Scorch Cannon from the Scorch Cannon Vandal to activate the platforms with cannons on them. Players are looking for platforms with enemies to defeat so they can collect more Engrams to take the Burdened with Riches debuff to a crystal in the center of the room. Doing this breaks the Servitors shield, making it vulnerable to damage. Defeat the Servitor.
Once defeated, the Servitor will transform into a cannonball that players need to push to the cannon on the platform, taking care not to knock it off the edge. Once the cannonball is loaded, turn the cannon to face the large balloon in the room and use the Scorch Cannon to activate the cannon. This will remove a quarter of the health of the Fallen Shield. Repeat this until the shield is broken, then ride the cannon in the center of the room to the last boss.
Captain Avarokk the Covetous
In the boss's room there are four platforms: The ship in the center and three platforms around it with enemies and chests. The boss stays in the center, and players need to move to the outer platforms and defeat the enemies. Defeat the R-M80 and the Vandal Grisparax first, then take its Engrams to the crystal in the center of the room. A Scorch Vandal will spawn. Defeat it and take its Scorch Cannon. Players should stand on the platforms under the chests, and the player holding the cannon should shoot the power supplies on the rigging of the arena until they are charged. This will activate mechanisms that open the chests, which are full of Engrams. There are about 30 total, so collect these and take them to the crystal while avoiding the boss's attacks. Players will repeat this step until the crystal is fully grown. After this, the boss's shield will drop and it will warp to the back of the room, where it is now vulnerable to attack. If players don't defeat it fast enough, they will have to repeat the steps above again.
Once the boss is defeated, the large chest in the back will open, and players can collect the loot inside.
Each encounter has a specific loot pool. New items can be obtained once per week, per class, but encounters can be looted for rerolls of already unlocked gear an unlimited amount of times. Additionally, there are two hidden chests which drop random rolls of gear the player has already acquired. Encounters on Master difficulty drop armor with the Artifice perk.
- Absolutely Cursed is a Triumph reward for completing the dungeon on any difficulty.
- Piratical Ambitions is a Triumph reward for completing the dungeon solo without dying.
- Distant Tides is a reward for completing the dungeon on any difficulty. It has to be claimed from Bungie Rewards.
- Ensilvered Snare is a Triumph reward for completing the dungeon without any deaths for entire fireteam.
- Gjallarswift is a Triumph reward for completing the dungeon on Master difficulty.
- Hraesveglur is a Triumph reward for recovering all Wilhelm-7's messages.
- Gjallarhorn is obtained as the reward for the And Out Fly the Wolves quest, which requires the player to complete the dungeon.
- Gjallarhorn Catalyst is a reward for opening three special chests in the raid, they appear only after unlocking Gjallarhorn and require the Burdened by Riches debuff to open.
Phry'zhia The Insatiable
Captain Avarokk the Covetous
- Fixed an issue where Grisprax's faction icon would not appear.
- Fixed reward lockouts so each encounter can be looted for rerolls an unlimited amount of times per week, as intended. New items from the loot pool and Power are gated to once per week, per class.
- Fixed activity crash in Sunken Lair encounter when killing Servitors.
- Prevented bad bread-crumbing causing players to get stuck in crystal pit after dropping down from the Loot Cave.
- Players can no longer continue to generate cursed engrams during DPS.
- Fixed issue with Servitor bombs sometimes disappearing without explosion VFX when the timer runs out.
- Fixed falsely advertised Weekly challenge pinnacle reward displayed when switching between classes and creating new characters.
- Fixed combatants that did not despawn in Ogre and Loot Cave encounters.
- Fixed Teammates not able to be revived if killed by trap on starting platform of the Sparrow section.
- Updated pathfinding to prevent Cursed engrams dropped by the Reaver Vandal from falling into a pit.
- ↑ "Destiny Update 22.214.171.124" Bungie, posted by Hippy, 16 Dec. 2021, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50906. wikipage
- ↑ "Destiny 2 Update 3.4.0" Bungie, posted by Destiny Dev Team, 7 Dec. 2021, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50880. wikipage