|Description||A mysterious engram containing a wide variety of Legendary gear. Its contents are susceptible to influence. Rahool in the Tower can decrypt its basic form, but vendors in the H.E.L.M. can unlock its deeper secrets.|
- For the Umbral Engram that appeared during the Season of Arrivals, see Umbral Engram (Season 11)
Umbral Engram is a variant of the Legendary Engram.
Umbral Engrams can be obtained as a reward when completing various activities. They can also drop during activities when defeating enemies. Umbral Engrams are stored in the player's engram inventory, and will be sent to the Postmaster if their inventory is full.
Players can decrypt Umbral Engrams by bringing them to Master Rahool in the Tower. When decrypted by Rahool, they will act as normal Legendary Engrams, rewarding items from the World Loot Pool.
Some vendors can focus Umbral Engrams, allowing them to drop items from other loot pools. Some can also focus them into specific items.
These vendors are available in-game and can focus Umbral Engrams.
- Crown of Sorrow (H.E.L.M.)
- Star Chart (H.E.L.M.)
- War Table (H.E.L.M.)
These vendors were added to the Destiny Content Vault and are no longer available.
- Prismatic Recaster (Tower Annex)
- Umbral Decoder (Tower Annex)
- Prismatic Recaster (Season 13) (H.E.L.M.)
- Umbral Decoder (Season 13) (H.E.L.M.)