Pirate Hideouts are a story activity introduced during the Season of Plunder.
Pirate Hideouts are short story missions. Each hideout is set inside of an asteroid in the Themis Cluster of the Sol System's Asteroid Belt. They are structured similarly to Lost Sectors, in which players will fight through an area full of enemies until they reach a boss at the end. After the boss is defeated, players will claim a relic, which can be placed on a display table across from the Star Chart in the H.E.L.M. This is required to complete the Antiquarian Seasonal Challenges, which reward Repute.
Pirate Hideouts are accessed through the Sails of the Shipstealer quest, with a new one becoming available with each week of the Season. They are launched from the H.E.L.M. map in the Director. Once completed, they cannot be replayed, aside from doing the quest again on a different character.
|1||Pirate Hideout: The Brute||Fallen, Cabal||Val'aug, the Brute (Colossus)|
|2||Pirate Hideout: The Sharpshooter||Fallen, Cabal||Iriks, the Sharpshooter (Captain)|
|3||Pirate Hideout: The Blademasters||Fallen, Cabal|| Tagh'al, Blademaster (Gladiator)|
Thagh'urn, Blademaster (Gladiator)
|4||Pirate Hideout: The Beast Tamer||Fallen, Cabal||Alaaks, the Beast Tamer (Captain)|
|5||Pirate Hideout: The Bully||Fallen||Arask, the Bully (Captain)|
|6||Pirate Hideout: The Coward||Fallen, Hive||Ei Arat, Trespasser (Lightbearer Wizard)|
|7||Pirate Hideout: The Scrapworker||Fallen||Ithyks, the Scrapworker (Marauder)|
|8||Pirate Hideout: The Lucent Brood||Hive||Hiak'ar, Hoardseeker (Lightbearer Knight)|
- The official Season of Plunder page mistakenly states that Pirate Hideouts are free for all players, and do not require ownership of the Season Pass.
- The interior layout of the Pirate Hideouts appears to have been repurposed from Lost Sectors that were removed from the game when their destinations were added to the Destiny Content Vault.
- The Brute and The Coward are similar to Trapper's Cave from the Tangled Shore. The Brute starts at the boss room, while The Coward starts at the entrance.
- The Sharpshooter and The Bully are similar to Ma'adim Subterrane from Mars.
- The Blademasters is similar to The Empty Tank from the Tangled Shore, but starts at the boss room. The Lucent Brood reuses the first room's layout.
- The Beast Tamer and The Scrapworker are similar to Wolfship Turbine from the Tangled Shore.
- "Season of the Plunder" Bungie, https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfPlunder. Accessed 6 Oct. 2022.