1. What's This... What's This?
"We found this on the corpse of that Vex Minotaur on the Moon. It's a core of some kind. Definitely Vex made... but I can't verify exactly what, when, where... or why. We could find the information we need by tapping into a Vex construct, but there are none on the Moon..." —Ghost
Vex Core analyzed: 3
- This quest step is obtained by travelling to the Garden of Salvation entrance in Lunar Battlegrounds on the Moon. The player has to fight through waves of Vex enemies until the boss Minotaur spawns, which drops the Exotic Engram with this quest.
- This quest step is completed by scanning Vex Cores in three Lost Sectors on Nessus: one in the Orrery, one in the Conflux, and one in the Ancient's Haunt. These cores look similar to shiny white cubes, and the player has to interact with each twice, defeating some enemies it spawns after the first attempt to scan it. Clearing the Lost Sectors is not necessary.
"I had to dig deep into encrypted Vex data to find anything regarding the core. I didn't find much—only that it's designed for decryption of something and that its origin lies with the Sol Divisive Vex. I couldn't learn anything further. It's broken and its data is largely corrupted. We might be able to repair it if we had access to Sol Divisive parts." —Ghost
Decryption Core repaired: 120
- The quest items, Decryption Core Fragments, drop only from the overgrown Vex, found on the Moon or in the Garden of Salvation. A decent place to farm for them is where this quest was found in the Lunar Battlegrounds.
3. Core of Nightmares
"The Decryption Core is mended, but remains inactive. I was able to mine it for further data, and there are segments of data in a language I'm unable to decipher. Let me see if I can define its resonant energy pattern—wait, what? That's the same energy that pulsates from the Nightmare Essences. The energy signature is weak, but we should have the means to empower it." —Ghost
Core empowered: 1
- The quest item, Empowered Decryption Core, can be bought from Lectern of Enchantment for 30 Phantasmal Fragments.
4. Key to Divinity
"I've fully analyzed the Decryption Core now that we've empowered it. There's a ton more data in here-but again, I don't understand most of its language. I was able to extract some key information, sporadic words here and there. 'Garden... Defenses... Guardians...' I haven't made complete sense of it yet, but there's only one Garden I know of associated with the Sol Divisive." —Ghost
- This quest step is progressed by solving seven tethering puzzles in the Garden of Salvation raid. These puzzles can be completed only in a full raid group, the raid has to be completed as the fireteam solves them, and it must be done in one sitting. The players without this quest can participate in solving the puzzles, but they will not get any reward.