From Destiny 2 Wiki
|Description|| This unusual coin is warm to the touch and vibrates gently in your hand.|
Can be exchanged for Starhorse bounties in Eternity.
Strange Coin is a currency introduced with the Bungie 30th Anniversary Event. It has a maximum capacity of 30.
- In Dares of Eternity:
- 3 are guaranteed to drop from the reward chest at the end of the activity.
- 3 are guaranteed to drop from Kashh'n Pryzus, Starhorse's Treasurer, the Taken Ogre boss that can randomly replace the boss of the second encounter.
- If a Lightning Round occurs at the end of the activity, the three additional chests that spawn will drop 1 Strange Coin each.
- Possible drop when opening a Paraversal Haul.
Strange Coins are used to purchase bounties and items from Starhorse, found in Xûr's Treasure Hoard in Eternity.
- In Destiny, Strange Coins were used to purchase items from Xûr.
- When the event launched during the Season of the Lost, Strange Coins could also drop from various activities throughout the game. This was removed after the end of the Season.
- Dares of Eternity: Increased Strange Coins earned from the reward chest in Dares of Eternity from 1 to 3. This does not affect the number of Strange Coins earned from Lightning Round chests.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Destiny 2 Update 4.1.0" Bungie, posted by Bungie, 24 May 2022, https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51380. wikipage