From Destiny 2 Wiki
|Item Type||Weapon Perk|
|Description||This weapon adapts its damage output and effectiveness against energy shields that don't match the weapon's damage type.|
- See also: Adaptive Munitions (Enhanced)
Adaptive Munitions is a Trait Weapon Perk.
- This perk causes the weapon to deal increasingly higher damage with each hit to non-matching elemental energy shields. For example, a Solar weapon with this perk hitting a Void shield will gradually deal more damage with each hit. Hitting non-matching or unshielded enemies will remove the damage bonus.
- This perk can be helpful in activities where the Match Game modifier is active.
- The perk also triggers when hitting Barrier Champions's shields. However, the player must also have an appropriate anti-Barrier mod from the Seasonal Artifact equipped (e.g. Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle when using a Scout Rifle) in order for the weapon to deal damage to the Champion's shield.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The Destiny Data Compendium." Google Docs, maintained by Pip1n, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WaxvbLx7UoSZaBqdFr1u32F2uWVLo-CJunJB4nlGUE4. Accessed 13 Sep. 2022.