|Description||Finish critically wounded combatants.|
Finisher is a new ability available to all characters as of Shadowkeep.
Finishers use a designated keybind and can be performed only on certain enemies when their health is low. If an enemy can be killed using a finisher, they will flash yellow, and a yellow circle will be shown above them.
Please note that the player character can still be damaged during the finisher animation. The targeted enemy, however, will be rendered immune to all other sources of damage (except for the damage dealt by the finisher itself, which amounts to 999,999 damage) so the animation can properly play out, without an ally accidentaly killing the target mid-execution. Finishers kill enemies even if they are shielded.
Some finishers are class-restricted, some can be used by all classes. The player had to choose a single finisher to use during the Season of the Undying, but as of Season of Dawn it is possible to mark several finishers as favorite, and the game will randomly select one of them to use each time the player performs a finisher. If no finishers are marked as favorite, the default class finisher will be used.
- Bulwark Finisher — Finisher final blows generate an overshield. Requires one-fourth of your Super energy.
- Explosive Finisher — Finishers restore grenades. Requires one-fifth of your Super energy.
- Healthy Finisher — Finishers heal you. Requires one-tenth of your Super energy.
- One-Two Finisher — Finishers restore melee abilities. Requires one-sixth of your Super energy.
- Snapload Finisher — Finishers generate Primary ammo and reload all your weapons. Requires one-tenth of your Super energy.
- Special Finisher — Finishers generate Special ammo for the whole fireteam. Requires one-third of your Super energy.
- Heavy Finisher — Finishers generate Heavy ammo. Requires one-half of your Super energy.
Some pieces of Exotic Armor have perks that involve finishers:
- Spheromatik Trigger - Arc, Solar, and Void melee final blows unleash a damaging explosion. Finishers and final blows against more powerful targets increase the radius and damage of the explosion.
- Vanishing Execution - Defeating a Guardian with a melee attack or a combatant with a finisher grants invisibility and restores a portion of health and shields.