Cryptolith Lure is a quest item which allows access to Wrathborn Hunts.
The Lure has to be charged and configured to enable a Wrathborn Hunt. It is charged by completing strikes, Crucible and Gambit matches. It also has random bonus objectives which accelerate its charging progress. It is configured by slotting mods in each of its three sockets. These mods are single-use, the player can buy them from Crow, they also drop from any activity. The prey mod determines what boss the player will hunt, the trophy mods modify the Hunt's loot pool. Prey mods display the player's reward in their description. The Lure can store up to 3 Lure Charges. A configured Lure cannot be charged.
There are 7 upgrades for the Lure, which can be unlocked by bringing Crow Recon Data to increase reputation with him.
Crow looked furtively over his shoulder as the hydraulic doors to Spider's personal treasure trove whooshed open. He had the gang boss's blessing to peruse the collection in hopes of finding something to combat the spread of the Hive cryptoliths. Nevertheless, Crow felt a subversive rush as he assessed the aisles of display cases, filled to the brim with curios and artifacts.
Glint maneuvered through the rows, scanning item after item. "Look—an Ahamkara brain, fully intact! And here—a Golden Age missive written on pulped plant matter! And this looks like a pre-Collapse datapad, named after a fruit! And here's—"
"Glint," Crow interjected, "do you hear that?" The Ghost froze in midair.
In the stillness of the subterranean bunker, Crow could hear something in the room. Not moving, not rustling, but… whispering? Yes. A soft voice, calling out.
Crow crept to the back of the room, toward a City Age cabinet, filled with extinct circuitry. On the bottom shelf, covered in dust, was a nodule of Hive technology. Crow remembered seeing similar components atop Hive Seeder Ships.
Crow picked up the component. The whispering increased to a near-audible level, both comfortingly familiar and repulsively alien, before falling silent.
"This is it," Crow muttered to his concerned Ghost. "I found our transmitter."
- Reputation Boost I − Increases the amount of recon data obtained from Wrathborn hunts.
- Improved Seeker I − Unlocks Hive Wrathborn hunts.
- Power Hunter − Increases the power of rewards obtained from Wrathborn hunts:
- The amount of weekly powerful Wrathborn hunt rewards is increased from 2 to 4.
- Crow's Weekly Challenge is upgraded to a Pinnacle power reward.
- Reputation Boost II − Increases the amount of recon data obtained from Wrathborn hunts.
- Stacks with Reputation Boost I.
- Increases the drop rate of Lure mods when completing non-Wrathborn activities.
- Seasoned Hunter − Beneficial modifiers are activated in Wrathborn hunts.
- Mutation Mod Extractor − Increases the amount of Mutation mods obtained from Wrathborn hunts.
- Improved Seeker II − Unlocks access to the High Celebrant of Xivu Arath.