User talk:Destiny wiki
Hello Destiny wiki, welcome to Destiny 2 Wiki (d2.destinygamewiki.com)! Please look around and check out our To-Do List and Discord channel. Let me know if you need help with editing, page creation or anything else - Destiny wiki (talk) -- New user message (talk) 02:47, 2 August 2017 (UTC)
There are weapon perk templates that miss a perk image even though its uploaded. I can't add the images because the templates are protected. Here's the list:
- All done!
Also, could you please remove protection from Template:Strikes? There are plenty of new strikes, they don't have pages to add into the template for now, but I'll get to it eventually.
— Selph (talk) 14:42, 17 December 2019 (UTC)
Bots seem to be very eager now, could you please start IP blocking them? And could you please fix Xûr's name in Template:Generic Exotic Reward Weapon, Template:Exotic Armor Reward Xur, and on the main page? It's supposed to be "Xûr", with the tiny arrow.
Also, I keep adding stuff to the Category:Candidates for deletion.
- There are two subcategories that are better deleted, one I made by mistake, and the other is redundant because "Vanilla Content" is Season 1, and there already is a category for that;
- There are also many spam pages;
- Some pages were supposed to be disambiguations, but since this stuff was removed from the game a year ago, I don't think the pages would be actually used;
- There is a duplicate page for a bounty which does have a page with a proper name;
- I really think the "Races" page should be removed. This wiki appears to be gameplay-focused, so this random lore page seems out of place. Also, since it is "Destiny 2" wiki, it means it should have information from Destiny 2, but what about lore introduced in the first Destiny? Where gameplay is concerned, it is possible to separate information like that, but it can't be done with lore. There would have to be a single wiki for lore from both Destiny games, and there is one like that linked on the main page on this wiki as an affiliate site, which links back to this place for in-game content.
- Nearly all of the files marked for deletion are duplicates. Two of them are screenshots of a shader icon and Cayde's stuff, even though that shader and Cayde's stuff have proper icons uploaded on the wiki. The "Strange Coin" icon does come from Destiny 2, but it isn't used anywhere, so I'm not sure where it goes.
Hello! The Dawning will end in a couple of hours, and the Dawning banner won't look appropriate on the main page anymore. Since no events are active for now, can you please replace it with the File:Current Season banner.png and link it to the Season of Dawn page? Also, I think it would be nice to remove lines like "▪ Season of Dawn is now live!" from that section and make the banner full-sized. Basically, I'm proposing something like this: link. — Selph-3 (talk) 15:08, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
Hi! Sorry if my request's too bold, but since the wiki is becoming more active, and some of the edits are quite questionable, I wondered if you could give extra rights to some users? It would be really helpful if me and User:Dannenheim had rollback and patrol rights to manage mass edits made by other users. — Selph-3 (talk) 16:18, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Destinypedia has a Fanfiction page, so I was wondering if any of you guys could make one just like it.--Nelson3575ELITE (talk) 16:22, 22 January 2020 (UTC) https://www.destinypedia.com/Forum:Fan_Fiction
Suggested wiki background change
The game uses a lot of bright icons (such as primary ammo, kinetic damage). Displaying these becomes problematic against the light theme of the wiki, the background color makes these images hard to see. I am not suggesting to use a dark theme, instead I request that the light background be tuned a shade darker: enough to distinguish bright colors such as yellow and white. Dannenheim (talk) 13:29, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
About the background change
Hi! I've played around with the idea of a darker background and came up with this. Messaged you on Discord about how I did that, in case you like it. Also, I've been experimenting with the main page in my sandbox and this seem to cover most of the game content for now. I've added links to the current Season's stuff, because that's what most likely will interest a visitor, replaced class icons with what is used on Bungie's site, removed factions because they seem to not be a thing anymore since Forsaken, added missing stuff and removed what's not used anymore. What do you think about it?
Lastly, there is some stuff marked for deletion. Some quest steps separate from the quest page, some system stuff that isn't actually in the game, some entries from a lore booklet (not all of them, even), duplicate/outdated/wrong stuff and a couple of images from a wrong game. The usual. — Selph-3 (talk) 17:01, 8 February 2020 (UTC)