Orb of Power
The Orbs of Power are items generated by players.
An Orb of Power is a white sphere that falls to the ground and can be picked up by running over it. Collecting an Orb restores a small amount of the player's Super energy. The player is unable to pick up an Orb of Power if their Super meter is fully charged, unless they have the Taking Charge Mod equipped and active.
They are mostly generated by casting Supers, and defeating enemies with Supers or with Masterworked weapons. In most cases, Orbs of Power are generated with weapons only on multikills. If an Orb was generated by using an ability, it will fall down from the player who cast it. If it was generated by a kill, it will fall down from the killed enemy.
When a nearby player generates Orbs of Power, it is announced in the system chat.
Some Mods provide additional benefits to the players who gather Orbs of Power.
- Recuperation — Replenishes health each time you pick up an Orb of Power.
- Better Already — Your health begins to regenerate immediately after picking up an Orb of Power.
- Innervation — Reduces grenade cooldown each time you pick up an Orb of Power.
- Invigoration — Reduces melee cooldown each time you pick up an Orb of Power.
- Insulation — Reduces class ability cooldown each time you pick up an Orb of Power.
- Absolution — Reduces all ability cooldowns each time you pick up an Orb of Power.
- Taking Charge — Become Charged with Light by picking up Orbs of Power.
- With the introduction of Stasis and Dark subclasses, Orbs of Light were renamed into Orbs of Power in Beyond Light.